Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Toon Challenge: Old West!

Hey, gang. I am a "fan" of the "Toon Challenge" page over on FaceBook. It's a  monthly Character Design Challenge page that's in it's FIRST month. The theme this time is to design American "Old West"  Characters, i.e. Cowboys, Indians, etc. There's quite a few fellow "Likees" on the page, but so far only me and one other person have entered a drawing. Join up and contribute if you can! Looks like it will be fun, and a great way to get some new portfolio pieces drawn at the same time.

Oh yeah, as for my piece, well, I am crazy busy right now but I still wanted to get something in on this first challenge. So, I googled those old Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns and used him as "inspiration" for my entry. All digital, Photoshop, in case you were wondering. 

cya!

3 comments:

Beast said...

Really Nice, Keelan. Glad you contributeed.
We got a couple more people to post stuff, finished mine. Figured I should participate since I instigated it.

Esly Carrero said...

Love it! The simple shapes & all around detail is awesome. The backward 's' smoke signals are pretty cool too! They play-in nicely! :)

Juan Carlos Partidas said...

Great illustration. Nice tribute to the good, the bad and the ugly! :)