Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Funny Faces


My name is Keelan Parham. Welcome to my Blog. I am a cartoonist based out of Orlando, Florida. I've drawn for advertisements, comic books, magazines, and websites. I specialize in likeness based cartoons, aka caricatures, both cartoony and abstract. I am a member of the National Cartoonists Society, and the National Caricaturist Network (of which I am a former President).

Why is my blog named "Funny Faces"? Well, like I said, I specialize in caricatures. My wife and I own caricature concessions at major themeparks and resorts in the area. When my daughter, who is seven now, was about two, I asked her what Daddy did for a living. She said, "He draws funny faces at Disney." So, that's where it comes from. I also do an autobio strip by that title for the National Caricaturists Network magazine, Exaggerated Features.

Speaking of my daughter, Brady, I decided to make my first post here one of her drawings of me from about a year ago. She's got my likeness pretty dead on, if I say so myself. I often have that "deer caught in headlights" look, and my head really is that square.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my blog, and my cartoons. God Bless!

No comments: