Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dr. Ellington Darden


About a year ago, I decided it was time to start working out the right way. I had gotten back into shape, but it was getting harder to STAY in shape. I found that my bodyfat had increased from 19% ( not bad for my age), back up to 25%. Yikes. Even though I'd built a fair amount of muscle under that fat, something had to be done.

So, I contacted a trainer, Dr. Ellington Darden, whom I'd been reading about online for awhile. He's an older guy, and was one of the original Nautilus bigwigs back in the 70s. He's also the most prolific fitness writer in history, with tons of books he's authored. I've now been working out with him for right at a year now, and have had great results. I got my bodyfat down to 12% initially, and then took it down to 9%. At 42+ years old, that was probably a bit low for me to maintain, and I got sick. So now I stay in the 12% range, which is ideal.

So that's the boring background to this post. Now, Dr. Darden, is creating an all new website, and I did this cartoon version of him for it. He's 66 now, so I had to make an older, but still very buff guy for this. Hope you like it.

And if you want to check out his current site ( there's a story on there about me, and before and after pix too), go to www.drdarden.com

3 comments:

Bãpp said...

wow ...great Keelan,
jan :)

Steve Hearn said...

That is so cool, good job!

Anonymous said...

Glory to Good God, Wow, keep on pumpin' Parham, you're gettin' sum' guns...
although it will make both your heads look smaller.