Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Forsaken"

"Forsaken", acrylic on canvas, copyright 2011 Keelan Parham

"Eloi Eloi, lamasabacthani".... "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me? " Those have always been some of the saddest, most powerful words in the entire Bible to me. God promises to never leave us nor forsake us, but He DID forsake His only begotten son, the earthly incarnation of Himself. And it was all so WE could come back to Him, our sins paid for. This piece haunts me as I look at it. It depicts Jesus on the cross, at the exact moment God turned His back on Him.

I am SO glad I will never know what that feels like...

1 comment:

Esly Carrero said...

A tough one. Nice work Keelan.

yeah.. that's like the pinnacle of how we receive 'Eternal Life'. What an enormous high price He took upon Himself to pay for our sins.

Drinking the cup of God's Wrath.. man... I too am glad I will not have to ever drink it. :P

He is so Gracious.