Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday Work, Part 1

This time of year is crazy busy for many caricaturists, drawing Holiday cards and gifts for both businesses and individuals. This had to be my busiest season ever (Praise God!), doing this kind of work, plus gigs, some character design, and a magazine illustration. So much so, that my time has been limited to post on the old blog here. I'll try to change that in upcoming weeks, if by nothing else, posting some of my Holiday commissions. This one is an interesting story:
I drew these guys, some pretty renowned agents in the field of professional Poker (Who knew poker players had agents?) for the second year in a row. What made it interesting is the fact that I almost didn't draw them this year. They loved the pic from last year, they said, but for whatever reason, decided to go with another artist this year (I think maybe the other artist was cheaper). Then, for whatever reason, they didn't like the image they got from the "new" artist. So they came to me in a bit of a panic, wondering if I could even turn it around as quick as they now needed it. I was glad to help them out, and they loved my version. So, it all worked out in the end.

2 comments:

Steve Hearn said...

Wishing the Parhams a wonderful Christmas full of joy and peace. Every Blessing and much love,
Steve & Wendy

Keelan Parham said...

Thanks, buddy! Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours, as well! We're seeing you guys before long, right?