Tuesday, December 04, 2007

ToonWeekly Challenge #3: Loco Madre!!!!


This week's www.ToonWeekly.com challenge was a female wrestler. I made up a Mexican wrestler named "Loco Madre" for my entry. I am a big fan of the cartoon "El Tigre" right now, and fondly remember "Mucha Lucha", as well as the Hernandez Brothers' comics about female Mexican wrestlers, "Whoa, Nellie" from Fantagraphics Books, as well as all of the female wrestlers in their title "Love and Rockets", so this seemed like a natural for this challenge.

Loco Madre, the crazy mother!!!!!

3 comments:

Michael "Locoduck" Duron said...

Um....are you saying that is what MY mother looks like? You know because I'm Loco, and Mexican and all?
All in all, I'd say this is my favorite piece you've done thus far. I really like the boobies. (that's such a man thing to say)
Great energy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I love this picture, Keelan. The design, the colours, everything!!! ps. www.toonweekly.com will be launched in a days time.

Ted said...

Fun Fun Fun!!! Great stuff again! Love the flow to her legs and arms, simple solid shapes!!

I love the "Bling" too!!