Sunday, November 28, 2010

GunSlingers...

I've got this client that I've worked with for many, many years now who prints up simple card games for people to buy. He always wants drawings in a sequence... kind of like a limited animation scene. He only wants black and white images ( too bad ), but they're usually a lot of fun to draw. This time around, the theme was "gunslingers". The job was to draw a few gunslingers, in three poses: About to draw their gun/guns....
...drawing their gun(s), and...
...getting shot. This guy was the first one I did, a kind of " Marshall Matt Dillon" from "Gunsmoke" or "Hoss" from "Bonanza".

My Dad was a big Western fan when I was growing up ( John Wayne was his favorite), so I've watched plenty of Western TV shows and movies myself.

BTW, I think I colored this one just for myself. I'll try to find it and post here.


3 comments:

Esly Carrero said...

These are incredible! Just by looking at the still photos.. I felt like I was watching some animation as I looked at each one. Wow! Nice work!

Bill White said...

Nice doodles, but wasn't it "Marshall" Dillon, from Gunsmoke?

Keelan Parham said...

Thanks, guys. Bill, it was Marshall Dillon. Good call. But...his name was actually Marshall MATT Dillon. I went back and clarified the post.