Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Make mine Moxie....NOT

A few weeks back, on our San Fran trip with Tom and the lovely Anna Richmond, I had the opportunity to introduce Tom to the legendary Moxie soft drink. Moxie, for the uninitiated, tastes TERRIBLE. An early rival to Coke and Pepsi, it's vaguely black licorice taste just couldn't compete in the Cola Wars. But, it still exists. Most people are like me, and hate the taste. But, it does have it's fans. I learned about Moxie about ten years ago on a history of soft drinks show on A&E. Then, I got to taste some a trip to L.A., to the world famous Farmer's Market, shortly after.

It takes moxy to drink Moxie! Tom, in his defense, did finish his bottle of it. All I had to do was smell it, to remember that taste. Actually, the word "moxy", meaning guts, nerve, etc., probably entered the English language BECAUSE of this drink. To learn more, read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxie

1 comment:

Kenny Durkin said...

Where does one acquire a can of Moxie? Based on your glowing recommendation, I can't wait to try it. Sounds delicious!

ewwwwwwwww...