Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Richmond invades Orlando

Best bud Tom Richmond was in town with his family about two weeks ago, and gave me a call from the airport when he landed here. He was up against the wall on a deadline for a big job, and only had his laptop with him on vacation. So, he asked if he could come over the next day and take over my studio, using my Wacom....

I told him of course he could. Plus, since I am a huge fan of his work on MAD, I told him to change the settings on my computer, wacom, and pen to whatever HE normally used. Between that, staring over his shoulder, and asking lots of (to him) stupid questions, I figured maybe a teensie weense bit of his coloring method would rub off on me. How often does one have this kind of learning opportunity?

This pic was taken when Tom was stuffed from our lunchbreak to my favorite burger place, Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I always try to take my guy friends here...it never fails to impress. Must be something about all the grease and red meat...guys love it.

Anyway, as for the talent rubbing off on me...well, I can see SOME progress in my coloring since this day. Seriously. I understand a lot of things better. Thanks for letting me bug you while you worked, buddy!

3 comments:

Steve Hearn said...

Awesome! Five Guy's.... ahhh sweet memories...!

Tom R said...

Thanks again for the use of your studio, Keelan!

Joe Bluhm said...

I bet it still smells in there...