Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Frankenstein!


A few buds of mine from the NCN, Justin Cook and Mike Giblin, recently started a character design challenge. I asked them if they minded if I crashed the party, and, to my pleasure, they welcomed me aboard. I think this is gonna be a cool thing...they're both really talented, great guys. I think doing this regularly will push us to develop our skills, and who knows, maybe even get some nice portfolio pieces for us.

I'm about two challenges behind them, I think, but I'm gonna try to catch up when time permits. IF time permits. Anyway, here's my version of the first challenge, Frankenstein. Check out both of their versions on their blogs, listed on my links to the side.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Keelan. I really love it. I especially like the stitching and the evil red eyes. Can't wait to see next weeks project now. Ps. Welcome to the challenge!!!

Keelan Parham said...

Thanks, buddy!

Michael "Locoduck" Duron said...

It's allliiiive! Now you just need an Igor in there!
You know I don't understand why we don't do this character design thing.

Keelan Parham said...

Loco...

Oh, you mean on our CC site? Remember, we tried weekly challenges, and only me, you, and Kenny Durkin participated regularly.

Kenny is going to participate in Justin and Mike's "Toon Weekly" challenges as well. You should, too!

Michael "Locoduck" Duron said...

well if Kenny's doing it.....

Anonymous said...

Great creature Keelan, pleasure to have you on board buddy!

Ted said...

Frankie!! Classic, yet modern cartoon cool!!


I am so going to search under a rock to find time to do this..