Saturday, January 19, 2008

Christmas Booty

I realized I never got around to posting about some of the cool items I was blessed with this Christmas. I'm not bragging, now, I'm just sharing how cool some of these things are, in case you want to add them to your own collections. First off, anyone that knows me knows that the PERFECT gift for me is a Barnes and Noble or Amazon gift card. I pooled several of them together this year and got the big, honkin Don Martin set from MAD magazine's Greatest Artists collection. I always loved Martin's sound effects, in particular, and boy, did he draw funny! Inspiring stuff.


I also got the super cool iPod touch. A non-phone, non-camera version of the iPhone, this was my first iPod. That's really all I wanted, a place to carry all of my rather eclectic tastes in music, with the capability to watch some videos and be able to check my emails Wi-Fi. I like it a lot, but it does make me wish I would've just done the iPhone, and had the whole shebang. Oh well. Maybe in a few years. Right now, this has been a lot of fun. I've got Playlists for Rockabilly, Wanda Jackson, Janis Martin, Jackie Wilson, Roy Orbison, Ricky Nelson, Orion, Nora Jones, Adam English, Elvis, Elvis Gospel, and Worship Music. Yeah, I know...weird stuff to lots of people, but I love it! Plus Podcasts from Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteeen, and Zig Ziglar. And let's not forget the "photos" I have of pieces from Hirschfeld, Jack Davis, and other artists whose work I admire, to inspire me on live gigs.

My first iPod...yep, I feel like I'm finally in the 21st century!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing. I grew up with Mad Mag and I am still a subscriber!
I will have to make a trip to B&N soon.

Tisk-tisk, never think your a show-off for sharing, showing and teaching important info and knowledge to others! :)